guix-devel

Re: Issue with my version of guix

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: Issue with my version of guix
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:53:48 +0100

Hi Laura,

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 16:22:08 -0300
Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> wrote:

> Weirdest, look at this:
> guix-daemon (GNU Guix) 0.16.0-3.6ddc63e
> address@hidden:~# /proc/$(pidof -s guix-daemon)/exe -V
> guix-daemon (GNU Guix) 0.15.0-8.71a78ba

Yeah, I think Guix on GuixSD uses the guix-daemon from the package "guix",
which is always a little behind (it has to be updated by guix like any
other package).

Personally, I'd prefer if it was in an extra package "guix-daemon"--that
would be a lot less confusing.  I've checked and "guix-daemon" package
seems to exist.  Huh?  Maybe it's already like that?  Ludo?

> > Does your system configuration in /etc/config.scm specify custom
> > substitute-urls ?
> I don't have that file? should I?

Hmm, I think the name is freely chooseable.  I meant your version of
desktop.scm where you have your operating-system configuration - it
can also contain a list of substitute servers to try.