guix-devel

Re: Patchwork + automated checking and testing of patches

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: Patchwork + automated checking and testing of patches
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 19:54:33 +0100

On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 12:04:20 +0000
Christopher Baines <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks, however, one thing I've noticed is that git apply seems to be
> much more reliable at applying patches than git am. It often fails
> with "Patch is empty".
>
> I'm not sure why, it seems to work for the patches I've sent with git
> send-email, but maybe it's very particular about the formatting...

Maybe you already thought about it, but:

When I use it manually, I save the whole patch-series as an mbox-file,
including the "--cover-letter", i.e. the first email saying [0/n]. When
I then say "git am patch.mbox" it complains there is nothing in. I then
have to say "git am --skip" and it goes on automatically.

Could that also be the case with your patchwork-setup?

Björn