guix-devel

Re: GuixSD on AArch64

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: GuixSD on AArch64
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:26:42 +0100

On 2018-12-12, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 12:17:58PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
>> Looking like u-boot 2019.01 might be more likely, but modest patches
>> work with 2018.11-rc2. I'll probably bring the pinebook with me to the
>> Paris meetup in December... though with only 2GB of ram it might not
>> make the most exciting GuixSD system... :)
>
> did you come to the meeting,

Yes! it was good fun.

> and did you manage to install GuixSD on your Pinebook?

Not yet... The substitutes were below 1% for aarch64 the last few weeks,
and only recently have started catching up. And building natively
was... astoundingly slow.

I did get the patched u-boot pinebook into Guix, and tested it
manually. I haven't yet checked current status of linux-libre on
aarch64, which might need some additional kernel configuration features
enabled compared to recent Debian kernel versions.

live well,
  vagrant