guix-devel

Re: Patchwork + automated checking and testing of patches

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Patchwork + automated checking and testing of patches
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 13:53:29 +0000

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden> writes:

> Christopher Baines wrote:
>> I've now written a very rough package and service for Patchwork [4],
>> and
>> managed to setup a instance here [5]. With the help of an email
>> account
>> subscribed to both guix-patches and guix-commits, getmail and a
>> couple
>> of scripts, it should also collect new patches sent to guix-patches,
>> and
>> mark those that have been merged to the master branch as "Accepted"
>> [6].
>>
>> 4: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33185
>> 5: https://patchwork.cbaines.net/
>> 6: https://patchwork.cbaines.net/project/guix-patches/list/?state=3
>
> Niiice. If that's ‘rough‘, I look forward to what's to come.

Thanks :) It's the Patchwork package, service and me running getmail in
a screen session that's a bit rough.

> A lost battle, perhaps, but does Patchwork provide an option to mangle
> e-mail addresses?

Unfortunately, not that I can see. It should be possible to add though,
I can see that some preprocessing goes on for the text in comments for
example, and Patchwork maintains a people table with email addresses, so
you should be able to remove or alter any occurances of any email
addresses.