guix-devel

Re: New German PO file for 'guix-manual' (version 0.15.0)

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: New German PO file for 'guix-manual' (version 0.15.0)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 02:55:10 +0200

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:52:11PM +0200, Translation Project Robot wrote:
> A revised PO file for textual domain 'guix-manual' has been submitted
> by the German team of translators.  The file is available at:
>
>     https://translationproject.org/latest/guix-manual/de.po

Whoopsie, that was a bit too early.  A new PO is coming soon with
minor corrections.

I’m not sure what doc/htmlxref.cnf is for, but I did this to my copy
of Guix to get the PO going, now that Julien Lepiller has paved the
way by adding PO4A:

cd ~/git/guix
guix environment guix --ad-hoc po4a

# if you do not have a po file yet:
msginit -i po/doc/guix-manual.pot -o po/doc/guix-manual.de.po -l de_DE
# (in the newly created po file, adjust the version.texi to be
#  version-de.texi, contributing.texi to be contributing-de.texi and translate
#  the table of contents)
# (adjust doc/htmlxref.cnf doc/local.mk po/doc/local.mk to list your
#  language next to the existing translations, in lexicographic order)

# then:
po4a-translate -f texinfo -m doc/guix.texi -p po/doc/guix-manual.de.po \
               -M UTF-8 -k 0 -l doc/guix.de.texi # ignore outdated warning
po4a-translate -f texinfo -m doc/contributing.texi -p po/doc/guix-manual.de.po \
               -M UTF-8 -k 0 -l doc/contributing.de.texi # ignore warning
./bootstrap
./configure
make # only needs to run past MAKEINFO; probably some of the GEN doc/os-config…
     # and po4a steps do the right thing
./bootstrap # only now bootstrap will detect that it needs guix.de.info
./configure

make doc-pot-update # if desired
make po/doc/guix-manual.de.po

rm doc/guix.de.texi