guix-devel

Should 'build-expression->derivation' be used for new build systems?

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Should 'build-expression->derivation' be used for new build systems?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 03:29:52 +0800

Hello,

I noticed that in the (guix derivations) module,
'build-expression->derivation' is marked as deprecated. However, I see
that all build systems currently living in the (guix build-system ...)
namespaces are still using it. Is this intended or will this be changed
eventually? If this is going to change, is there an example to follow?

Cheers,
Alex