guix-devel

Re: Guix & IPFS

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Guix & IPFS
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 13:44:55 +0200

I look at it differently: they are very well aware of the flaws of most package
managers (e.g. non-reproducibility), including the one of the Go language, and
this project is big/important enough that it needs a proper system.

"gx" was their way to go, which works very well for their purpose, but
unfortunately it has some friction with the Guix model.

IPFS and Guix can work well together if we provide a gx-fetcher.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/