guix-devel

'package-name-version' and 'strip-store-file-name' does the same thing w

From: Alex Vong
Subject: 'package-name-version' and 'strip-store-file-name' does the same thing with different ways
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 03:26:14 +0800

Hi guix,

Currently, I am attempting to create clojure-build-system.

In the process of doing so, I discover 2 procedures with different names
actually does the same thing with different ways. The 2 procedures
are 'package-name-version' and 'strip-store-file-name'.

'strip-store-file-name' is defined in (guix build utils), while
'package-name-version' is defined in (guix build haskell-build-system)
and (guix java-utils).

I think we should remove the ones not defined in (guix build utils) and
provide 'package-name-version' as alias for 'strip-store-file-name' in
(guix build utils). What do you think?

Cheers,
Alex