guix-devel

Re: Tracker & Gnome

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: Tracker & Gnome
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 10:30:33 +0000

Brett Gilio transcribed 560 bytes:
> Hi all.
>
> I am still fairly new to the concept of packaging for Guix. I also, from
> time to time, enjoy hacking on GNOME components. One of the components
> that I am currently lacking is tracker-sparql-2.0. I am pretty certain
> this is due to the tracker package being out-of-date. Do you all have
> any insights on how I could go about upgrading this component in the
> gnome package? Is there perhaps a reason why it has not been upgraded,
> stability or such?
>
> Best
>

> --
> Brett M. Gilio
> Free Software Foundation, Member
> https://parabola.nu | https://emacs.org

A comment in the sqlite gnu/packages module shows that Tracker depends
on a variant of sqlite. It could be that newer Tracker depends on a
newer sqlite. This sqlite update would be updated in core-updates.
I have updates for fossil which also depend on newer versions of
sqlite.
You can chery-pick the sqlite update from core-updates if you
want or add it to a channel. fwiw, I have 2.25.2 and a flavor
with fts5+fts3 here for the fossil 2.7 series, works alright.