guix-devel

Re: Ruby 2.5, pushing to staging? [UNSCANNED]

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Ruby 2.5, pushing to staging? [UNSCANNED]
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2018 12:22:26 +0100

Benjamin Woodcroft <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for pushing this forward. When I tried with 2.5.0, timestamps meant
> that the build was not reproducible - just wanted to check that you'd
> considered this - sorry if that is noise.

Thanks for the information Ben, I haven't considered
reproducibility. How did you check the 2.5.0 package?

I've tried builing locally with the following command, and I get
something that suggests there may be a problem, but I'm not sure where
to go from here.

$ ./pre-inst-env guix build --no-grafts --rounds=2 --check ruby

guix build: error: build failed: derivation
`/gnu/store/37rb11ivy4w6ydn0px386k158ixbgczz-ruby-2.5.1.drv' may not be
deterministic