guix-devel

Re: Outreachy applicant

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Outreachy applicant
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 21:47:24 +0200

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. okt. 1., H, 15:05):
Cecilia Ortmann <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. okt. 1., H 14:32):
Hi everyone!

My name is Cecilia, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I'm applying for an Outreachy Internship, for the period December 2018 to March 2019.

I'm interesting in making contributions to GNU Guix. I'll be glad to receive any instructions or suggestions about where to start.

Hello Cecilia,
welcome in the GNU Guix community.

We consider packaging something simple for Guix a good first contribution.
You are welcome to look around the package list at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/ , and package something you are missing.
Also R packages seem to be easy.

You should give a try to installing guix on a foreign distro, or installing GuixSD, on bare metal, or in a VM. It would be useful if you noted any hiccups in the process, as installation is not very streamlined yet.

You can find further information here:

Note that there is an install script in the etc directory of the tarball, that can help with a binary installation.

Please keep in touch, on the mailing list, and also on IRC. Should you have any problems feel free to contact me, the other mentors, coordinators, or the list, or anyone on IRC.

Thanks!

g_bor

Oops, my bad, forgot to CC the list.

Thanks!