guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix mentioned in Nature Methods

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU Guix mentioned in Nature Methods
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 14:10:14 +0200

Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> skribis:

> Guix gets a mention, though is is not well represented:
>
>   Bioconda: sustainable and comprehensive software distribution for the
>   life sciences
>
>   https://www.nature.com/articles/s41592-018-0046-7

(Or
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320893387_Bioconda_A_sustainable_and_comprehensive_software_distribution_for_the_life_sciences>
to avoid the paywall.)

It’s an interesting article indeed.  I think it would deserve a rebuttal
(blog article? academic article?) from the bioinformaticians among us.
:-)

In particular, the claims about reproducibility, about integration into
workflow engines, and about comprehensiveness of the archive deserve
some discussion.

Thanks,
Ludo’.