guix-devel

Re: commit 70f57ae00525f6fc919f62aea647a33b29d28537

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: commit 70f57ae00525f6fc919f62aea647a33b29d28537
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 15:56:33 +0000

Ricardo Wurmus transcribed 227 bytes:

> Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > This commit is okay, but let's all please refrain from doing future
> > corrections like this.
>
> Why?
>
> I prefer consistency, so I’m happy with Tobias’s change.
>
> --
> Ricardo

Because we also allowed more than one formats so far, including
homepages and so forth. We had no formal agreement on any format. I'm
okay with doing so once we have a real formal format, but this isn't
the case.
Discussions and commits to change copyright lines just for the sake of
making them look more uniform have a bit of the bikeshed paint feeling.
I hardly see a point in changing someones copyright line just for the
sake of a (C) or a ©.

If we as a group can come to a consent about this, then I'm okay with
whatever the outcome will be.

Then again, it is just one symbol.