guix-devel

Re: Web interface pushed

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: Web interface pushed
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:10:42 +0200

Hello!

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> writes:

>> > I have reconsidered the idea of having a
>> > separate page with build information, as I do not see what additional
>> > information we can display on this page except the link to the log file.
>> > So, for now I have added a link to the log file in the newly added column
>> > of the table with information about builds of an evaluation. What do you
>> > think about this?
>>
>> I think that’s fine for now.
>>
>> I’d like to show more information in the future, such as build time, git
>> change that triggered the build, links to packages that depend on this
>> build (and packages that affect this build in case of a propagated
>> failure), etc.

Note that there is no notion of 'package' in Cuirass.  Most of the
things you said would work with 'derivations' though.  But to add a link
to the package, we would need a way to find out if a derivation refers
to a package.  I don't know how to do this.

> Here we could also find a place for things like previous builds, last
> successful build, last failing build later.

The 'job name' page I was talking about[1] is what you want, isn't it?

Clément

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-08/msg00039.html