guix-devel

Re: IRC freenode issue

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: IRC freenode issue
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 14:47:27 +0000

Alright, here's an update to the situation and a proposed solution.

Commit
https://github.com/ProgVal/Limnoria/commit/e6032c68bc0e2004f7c0a312216472c87e389747
 added configurable delay to limnoria irc bot.
I was told by the implementor that it should work like this:

load AutoMode, channel capability set voice, config channel
plugins.automode.enabled, config channel plugins.automode.delay 15

Now since #guix, #guile, #gnunet seem to be in the same boat with regards to
the mode
and sometimes spam, but we probably want to act as independent communities it
won't
make much sense to share a limnoria bot, right?
If not, my idea would be that one of sets up a bot, and it gets to control this
for
now.
The safe, least trust involved, solution would be that you can see this as a
proposed
tool to use, and set it up yourself.

Nils Gillmann transcribed 916 bytes: