guix-devel

Re: Web interface pushed

From: Tatiana Sholokhova
Subject: Re: Web interface pushed
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 21:47:07 +0200

Hi all,

Thank you for the congratulations! I am excited to have the web-interface pushed into the master branch. I would like to thank you all for your great support. Special thanks to Clément for helpful final reviews and merging all the changes together.

Now I would like to add some more features to the interface to enhance it further. Am I right that now I should again organize my changes as a new separate branch?

Best regards,
Tatiana

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 at 15:27, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Pjotr,

> One comment: I think we should strive to design GSoC programmes in a
> way that students get to push earlier to trunk. I know Guix can be
> complex, but even so, I think we would have less failure if we make it
> small pieces and better gratification.

This has always been our goal.  The projects can usually be implemented
in independent chunks that could be merged into the “master” branch at
various stages.

--
Ricardo