guix-devel

Re: packaging Bootstrap for Cuirass' web interface

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: packaging Bootstrap for Cuirass' web interface
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:04:18 +0200

Hi there!

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> skribis:

> Clément Lassieur <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. júl. 23.,
> H, 9:48):
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> We are going to embed Bootstrap files to our Cuirass service.  Wouldn't
>> it be better to package Bootstrap and get the service to use the package
>> directly?  I think it would make maintenance easier, and I'm unsure it's
>> good to have huge files on which we don't have control in our Cuirass
>> git repository.  WDYT?
>>

> I think this is a good idea. However, I think we can go on as is for now,
> and refactor later.

I agree.

Actually I think bundling (a subset of) Bootstrap in Cuirass would be
acceptable because Bootstrap is not the kind of thing usually provided
as a package.

However, bundling should be done in a way that makes it easy to track
where those files come from and to update them.  We could either use a
Git submodule, or have clear commit messages that specify the repo and
commit that we used.

Thanks,
Ludo’.