guix-devel

Re: RFC: Portability should be a higher priority for Guix (was Re: 01/01

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: RFC: Portability should be a higher priority for Guix (was Re: 01/01: build-system/meson: Really skip the 'fix-runpath' phase on armhf.)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 11:52:17 +0200

Hello all,

of course I can all but agree that support for "exotic" hardware is very
desirable, especially since, as Mark pointed out, we would like it to become
more mainstream!

On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 08:38:19AM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> One thing that would help, in my opinion, is to purchase hardware and
> make it available to interested developers and/or join these new
> machines to the build farm.

If people want to look at armhf, one of the donated Novena boards is currently
running in my living room, under the name of redhill.guixsd.org. I could
of course create accounts for Guix developers who want to have access to
debug the architecture.

Andreas