guix-devel

Widen info

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Widen info
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 16:50:40 +0300

Hello Julien,

Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> writes:

[…]

> I read you're having trouble to find information from the section
> titles. Info manuals have an index where it's easier to find
> things. But actually, what helps me the most is to ignore the `info`
> command and open either the full .texi source or the "html in one
> page" version. Then I can do full-text search, which is a lot
> quicker. Does anyone know if there is a similar facility in the info
> program?

Clément already suggested you hitting ‘s’ key in ‘info’ program.

I want to add that if you have Emacs installed, you could invoke ‘M-x
info’ and then ‘C-x n w’ which will call “widen” to show all the manual.

Also, by reading ‘man info’ I've discovered ‘-o’ flag, which you could
try to use as an alternative to Emacs “widen”:

info --subnodes -o - guix | less

[…]

Regards,
Oleg.