guix-devel

Re: Staging

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Staging
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 18:29:29 +0100

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, let's start this in a few days, when Hydra calms down.  Perhaps we
> can include the Java updates discussed in
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-02/msg00383.html> as
> well.  Ricardo, WDYT?

I didn’t have any time yet to check the Java updates, but they don’t
really affect many packages anyway (other than Java packages), so I
don’t think they’re all that critical.

I tend to agree. The whole jdk closure is about 200 packages.
Packages patched to work with java8 is on the order of 50, or so.

Even if 200 is too much, we can delay flipping the defaults. Then the
50 in need of individual patches can go in. WDYT?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net