guix-devel

Re: Guix to participate in the Google Summer of Code

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: Guix to participate in the Google Summer of Code
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 15:23:56 +0800

Hello,

[...]
> We also need topics: consider updating
> <https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2018>.
>
> Last but not least, we need candidates: if you’re a student lurking,
> let’s get in touch; if you’re a contributor, spread the word!
>
> Ludo’.

[...]

I want to be a student this year since this will be my final chance (I
am graduating this year). I look at the libreplanet page and I think
only the build daemon project is suitable for me since I don't have
knowledge in networking. Is it possible for me to work on last-year
Bournish project?

I am taking a compiler course right now (sadly it is in Java not ML). I
am more confident in working on Bournish than working on the build
daemon. Well, I would have to study how garbage collection works if I
were to work on the build daemon (of course this could be fun as well).

Cheers,
Alex