guix-devel

GNOME on Wayland current status

From: Rutger Helling
Subject: GNOME on Wayland current status
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 14:20:19 +0100

Hello Guix,

As discussed in patch #29758 I've tried GNOME on Wayland on the different display managers.

SDDM: Should work, just pick the "GNOME (on Wayland)" session.
SLiM: Doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if SLiM has support for Wayland sessions at all.
I couldn't get GDM to start, so I don't know if that works or not.

Note that you can use the following command to manually start GNOME on Wayland:
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session gnome-session

This seems to require that you've started GNOME via a display manager first though.