guix-devel

Re: code review

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: code review
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 14:53:57 +0100

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 22:10:22 +0200
Catonano <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Chris,

thank you for your review. And I apologize for the long delay.

I tried to follow some of your suggestions here
https://gitlab.com/humanitiesNerd/guix-hacks/blob/trytonservice/gnu/services/trytond.scm

I didn't try to implement the abstraction for the postgres connections

The postgres service right now uses the operating system user "postgres" in order to connect under the "postgres" role, so avoiding to use a password

I did the same with the "tryton" operating system user and the "tryton" role

This assumes that the postgres service and thhe Tryton service are rnning on the same server and this could be restrictive in some situations

Honestly I wasn't willing to wrap my mind around
I just want to have a minimum Tryton service running

Postgres commands for connecting safely to a remote postgres server

I just want to have a minimum Tryton service running

I hope this is ok

Anyway, now I should try to write some system tests or these 2 services I wrote
Any patch would be welcome ;-)

Thanks