guix-devel

Re: Problems with setting up prosody with IPv6 and certbot

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: Problems with setting up prosody with IPv6 and certbot
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 16:29:24 +0100

Hi nee,

Thank you for the report!

nee <address@hidden> writes:

> Proper fix:
> Build prosody with luasocket 3.0rc1 which introduced ipv6 support and is
> recommended on http://prosody.im/doc/ipv6
> Currently we only have luasocket 2.0.2 packaged.

I sent a patch that updates lua5.1-socket, see
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29562.

> I packaged luasocket 3.0-ac3201d in my package path. 3.0-ac3201d is the
> version which is used by Debian and Arch, it fixed some build system
> bugs that are in the 3.0rc1 version that hasn't been updated since 2013.

Debian and Arch use different versions.  The one used by Debian seems to
introduce other bugs, so they added extra patches to fix them, see
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux.debian.bugs.rc/Kt84Dq4iFwI.
I believe it's safer to stick with 3.0-rc1, which is recommended by
Prosody anyway.

Clément