guix-devel

Re: a Trytond service

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: a Trytond service
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 19:30:58 +0200

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 21:42:24 +0200
Catonano <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to write a service for Trytond
>
> There are tons of things i don't know/understand
>
> But this is the first one:
>
> The Tryton manual states that I need to indicate a "data directory"
> to the daemon and that such directory should be:
>
> "The directory where Tryton stores files and so the user running
> trytond must have write access on this directory.
> Default: The db folder under the user home directory running trytond."
>
> See here (notice that this is in the "database" section of te
> configuration)
>
> http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/configuration.html#database
>
> My idea was that Tryton would have used a postgres managed by the
> omonimous service, so my user and my home folder shouldn't be
> concerned, here
>
> I don't know enough of the Unix assumptions here

Some users for services use some /var/run directory as there home
directory, which works if the data doesn't need to survive reboots.
Otherwise, the data should go in to /var/lib.

The Tryton documentation isn't very clear to me either, Using PostgreSQL
sounds like a good place to start, and ideally it would be flexible
enough that any of the options are available when using the Guix
service.

Thank you Christopher

Hartmut, good to know that there is a fellow trytonista here ;-)

I asked on their mailing list and the answer I got is that the data older could be used for attachments, for example.

So I think we are in the situation where the folder has to be writable to trytond AND its contents should be resilient to reboots.

That is clarified, so far

Their mailing list is hosted on google groups so I can only point you there, for reference
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tryton/KEeGDBNjXBs