guix-devel

Re: ‘core-updates’ is back!

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: ‘core-updates’ is back!
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:10:42 +0200

Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 11:44:53AM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 12:01:40AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> > Hello Guix!
>> >
>> > Yup, I just created a new ‘core-updates’ branch by pushing
>> > <https://bugs.gnu.org/27849>.  Enjoy!
>> >
>> > Let’s freeze in one month, say Oct. 1st?
>> >
>> > Ludo’.
>> >

>> Lets also have a reminder about a week before to make sure we get things
>> like tzdata.
>>
>> I'm currently test building address@hidden I tried a blind update of
>> glibc, binutils, texinfo and grep but it failed during building a gcc,
>> so now i'm breaking it into smaller chunks.
>>

> It looks like address@hidden is coming mid-September¹ so I'm not
> touching binutils for now. I'm not sure why updating glibc is causing
> gcc to fail to build.

Can you post the glibc update patch?

Probably unrelated, but we also have to change the '--enable-kernel'
configure flag to say '3.2.0' since that is the minimum supported by
glibc 2.26.

Also, one month, yay!  Hopefully a shorter schedule will reduce the
amount of build issues during each round.

Since we're on the topic, I would like to switch to GCC 6 or 7 soon...
Are we agile enough to use the very latest GCC by default yet? :-)