guix-devel

Re: collisions, vim person opinion wanted

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: collisions, vim person opinion wanted
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 17:06:48 +0200

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> 106 packages in profile
> address@hidden ~$ diff
> /gnu/store/fsskp9hp6mdw5lymd3bl886ixagf7bqc-vim-neosnippet-4.2-1.1bd7e23/share/vim/vimfiles/autoload/vital.vim
>
> /gnu/store/36hqzfgzqss4ly8i7hkavlcfr327g4l5-vim-neocomplete-2.1/share/vim/vimfiles/autoload/vital.vim
> 2c2
> <   let files = globpath(&runtimepath, 'autoload/vital/' . a:name . '.vital',
> 1)
> ---
>>   let files = globpath(&runtimepath, 'autoload/vital/' . a:name . '.vital')
>

> So what does it mean in vimscript when there's just 3 more characters?
> Anyone with some knowledge in vimscript or at least vim internals
> got an idea?

Here’s what I did to read the documentation:

guix environment --ad-hoc vim
vim
:help globpath

This is part of the output:

globpath({path}, {expr} [, {nosuf} [, {list} [, {alllinks}]]])
                Perform glob() on all directories in {path} and concatenate
                the results.  Example: >
                        :echo globpath(&rtp, "syntax/c.vim")
<
                {path} is a comma-separated list of directory names.  Each
                directory name is prepended to {expr} and expanded like with
                |glob()|.  A path separator is inserted when needed.
                To add a comma inside a directory name escape it with a
                backslash.  Note that on MS-Windows a directory may have a
                trailing backslash, remove it if you put a comma after it.
                If the expansion fails for one of the directories, there is no
                error message.

                Unless the optional {nosuf} argument is given and is |TRUE|,
                the 'suffixes' and 'wildignore' options apply: Names matching
                one of the patterns in 'wildignore' will be skipped and
                'suffixes' affect the ordering of matches.

The last paragraph says what the difference in this case is.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net