guix-devel

Re: How to package go-sqlite3, go-fuse, and finally TMSU?

From: ng0
Subject: Re: How to package go-sqlite3, go-fuse, and finally TMSU?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 14:45:31 +0000

Mekeor Melire transcribed 0.8K bytes:
> I want to package TMSU:
>
>     https://github.com/oniony/TMSU
>
> As described in the COMPILING instructions at
>
>     https://github.com/oniony/TMSU/blob/master/COMPILING.md
>
> it needs these two go-libraries:
>
>     go-sqlite: https://github.com/mattn/go-sqlite3
>     go-fuse:   https://github.com/hanwen/go-fuse
>
> But how to package go-libraries for Guix? We don't have a
> go-build-system. On usual distributions, you install these libraries
> either with `go get github.com/mattn/go-sqlite3` or `go install
> github.com/mattn/go-sqlite3`. In fact, Nix just downloads those two
> libraries to the same directory as TMSU:
>

> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/2e983f14f628dab9d83282eca5f85da0846ba0af/pkgs/tools/filesystems/tmsu/default.nix
>
> PS: Do you know alternatives similar to TMSU?
>
> --
> mekeor ~ EDD3 DFFA 76F6 11C0 145F 9A99 AC85 BAD8 A2F8 C868

I don't see any replies to this, so:
I think the current state of the go-build-system is that someone
(Pjotr?) started working on it but it needs someone with more experience
in Go to get this finished.
There is 'syncthing' which someone has packaged, maybe you could look at
it and apply something similar.
If you know more about Go, the build system would be the obvious fix :)
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588