guix-devel

Re: Fun question: has anyone tried secure boot with GuixSD?

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: Fun question: has anyone tried secure boot with GuixSD?
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 20:20:56 -0300

Thanks for asking others to leave the "Microsoft-phobia" aside. This is
important because we must replace our (organization/brand)-based view
with a per (product/project/model/work)-based view, because exclusively
for-profit organizations aren't always in favor of the free/libre
software movement (according to
[[https://k7r.eu/there-is-no-free-software-company-but/]] and
[[https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/libreplanet-2016-the-last-lighthouse-3d51/]]).

Before anyone else jumps at us, it's important to note the difference
between "Secure Boot" and "Restricted Boot". Basically, the first one
allows the user himself to manage (add/remove/modify) any keys or trust
levels he wants to, while the second doesn't
([[https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libby/m/embracing-secure-boot-and-rejecting-restricted-boot-matthew-garrett/]]).

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com