guix-devel

A small documentational change to the contributing section

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: A small documentational change to the contributing section
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 16:40:56 -0400

I've added a few lines to the contributing section of the manual.  It
says that users actually have to clone the guix repo before running guix
environment guix.  I actually made the mistake a week or two ago.

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
guix environment guix
./bootstrap
#+END_SRC

When nothing happened I was really confused.  When I asked about it on
#guix, I was told that I actually have to have the repo first.
Hopefully this patch will make that a bit clearer.

P.S.  Maybe I'm overthinking this, and I just made a rookie mistake.

P.P.S.  I also hope I'm sending this to the right mailing list.

Joshua Branson
Purdue Honors College
Web Developer
Sent From Emacs and Gnus