guix-devel

cuirass evaluate

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: cuirass evaluate
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 11:15:55 +0200

Hi,

Now that Cuirass uses (guix git), I'm trying to robustify specification
evaluation. Currently Cuirass calls a binary called "evaluate" to get a
job list from a specification.

I don't like the idea of this extra "evaluate" script because :

* We have to give evaluate almost all arguments given to Cuirass
  (load-path, package-path, cachedir, spec, database).
* The script is made available for the user but it's very unclear how to
  call it. The help says : "Usage evaluate FILE" which is wrong (5
  arguments are expected).

So my question is, is this a strong requirement to have a separate
script to parse specification, or can I put this stuff back in main
Cuirass program ?

Thanks,

Mathieu