guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: transition to Guile 2.2

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Heads-up: transition to Guile 2.2
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 18:28:01 +0200

Pjotr Prins writes:

> I rolled back all the way to March to get a reproducable stable
> system again.

Ugh...I'm not sure what troubles you encountered.  I have been using
guile-2.2 for two years now; and have been "fighting" Guix's use of
guile-2.0...

Most troublesome is that some packages set GUILE_LOAD_PATH and
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH and mixing guile-2.0 and guile-2.2 packages
that do so is still troublesome.  It would be nice (TM) if we could
find a way not to rely on setting those environment variables.

Greetings,
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com