guix-devel

Re: Staying on-topic

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: Staying on-topic
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 09:07:09 -0500

Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer writes:

> That's why I was worrying.  I think it's fine to ban misgendering, on
> the condition that, should a female-born person feel insulted at the use
> of feminine pronouns for a male-born person, that too should be banned,
> effectively forcing neutral pronouns so the project takes no sides.

The Code of Conduct's reflection of gendering, and how it applies to
(mis)gendering is referring to this type of thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Transphobia&oldid=773143601#Misgendering_and_exclusion

I think the code of conduct is pretty clear about it:

  We are committed to making participation in this project a
  harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of
  [...] gender, gender identity and expression [...]

"Gender identity and expression" is pretty clear: trans-exclusionary
behavior doesn't belong here.

It's very simple: respect peoples' preferred pronouns and *drop this
subject*.  This topic is over, and that's been signaled as such from the
maintainers and many other people in this community.  Please don't
reopen it.