guix-devel

Re: cargo-build-system: cargo-build-flags: --cfg=unix in package recipe

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: cargo-build-system: cargo-build-flags: --cfg=unix in package recipe
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 21:10:50 +0100

Hi David,

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 11:57:48 +0100
David Craven <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Aha! It can - if one uses propagated-inputs in the package recipes. I think
> > the importer should propagate inputs if the current package is
> > Rust-source-only. Otherwise packages further down the dependency graph
> > (further to the clients) won't compile later.
>
> One of the ideas behind the [replace] stuff in the Cargo.toml file was
> to retain the required dependencies.

Just to be sure, I mean if it's two hops away.

If rust-a requires rust-b and rust-b requires rust-libc, then rust-a won't find
rust-libc. Maybe it doesn't directly use it but since compilation of rust-a
will also compile (compile!) rust-b, that compilation needs rust-libc but can't
find it. Not sure how "replace" would have helped this specific situation...