guix-devel

rust: Crate Dependencies

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: rust: Crate Dependencies
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 15:51:34 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying Rust out for a bit and for that I added some Crates. (using David's
v2 patches as a base)

Right now I'm stuck at rust-c-vec which I tried to add myself. I get:

starting phase `unpack'
c_vec-1.1.0/.travis.yml
c_vec-1.1.0/Cargo.toml
c_vec-1.1.0/LICENSE-APACHE
c_vec-1.1.0/LICENSE-MIT
c_vec-1.1.0/README.md
c_vec-1.1.0/src/c_vec.rs
phase `unpack' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `patch-usr-bin-file'
phase `patch-usr-bin-file' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `patch-source-shebangs'
phase `patch-source-shebangs' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `configure'
phase `configure' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `patch-generated-file-shebangs'
phase `patch-generated-file-shebangs' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `build'
error: failed to load source for a dependency on `libc`

I tried it with the following package spec:

(define-public rust-c-vec
 (package
  (name "rust-c-vec")
  (version "1.1.0")
  (source
    (origin
      (method url-fetch)
      (uri (crate-uri "c_vec" version))
      (file-name
        (string-append name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
      (sha256
        (base32
          "02gkicm59prlhpc2igkvl4gbmclzg6wmancscwdk3z93p04rjqhc"))))
  (build-system cargo-build-system)
  (inputs `(("rust-libc" ,rust-libc)))
  (home-page "FIXME") ; FIXME fixed manually. It said ()
  (synopsis "Structures to wrap C arrays")
  (description "Structures to wrap C arrays")
  (license (list license:asl2.0 license:expat))))

I attached a Guile module with some of the Crates I am adding...

What does the error message mean? How to fix it?