guix-devel

Re: Dormant WIP (please take over): Add Tahoe-LAFS and various packages

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Dormant WIP (please take over): Add Tahoe-LAFS and various packages
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 18:00:03 +0000

Hi,

Adonay Felipe Nogueira <address@hidden> writes:

> This is one of my dormant works in progress.
>
> It wasn't touched since around October 3rd. Feel free to insert any
> copyright notices that are missing.
>
> I'm unable to continue it due to:
>
> * My lack in programming skills.
> * Important phases failing.
> * And a possible license issue with libbase32 (or zbase32, I don't know
>   the exact name). I tried sending a patch, but the repository owner
>   says the project is no longer maintained.

Is this application part of the direct/indirect dependency chain
of tahoe-lafs? If so, have you tried communicating with upstream
about this dependency? I think this additional information could
help people who want to pick up the package. Sorry if this was
already covered in the file itself, I haven't had the time to
read it yet.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
PGP keys and more: https://n0is.noblogs.org/ http://ng0.chaosnet.org