guix-devel

Re: gnu: Add syncthing.

From: Petter
Subject: Re: gnu: Add syncthing.
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 22:06:59 +0100

Hi again,

I've prefixed most of the packages with "golang-" now. However, there are some packages already starting with "golang-", f.ex. "golang-org-x-text-unicode-norm", and I left those alone. It's inconsistent, but I felt this was preferable to
names like "golang-golang-org-x-text-unicode-norm". What do you think?

Also, all the packages have meta-data now: synopsis, description, home-page and license. And the (version) field have been adapted to the Guix guidelines.

Also also, a new version of Syncthing with some security fixes was just released,
and I've updated the recipe to this version (0.14.14).

Finally, there's a telemetry configuration in Syncthing. It is opt-in; but it will ask the user after a few hours if they want to join. The plan is to disable the question, however I suspect I've messed up the build system in that area, so
this takes some more looking in to.

Best,
Petter