guix-devel

Re: Add system roll-back and switch-generation commands

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Add system roll-back and switch-generation commands
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 23:13:45 +0200

Hi Chris!

address@hidden skribis:

> This patch series adds 'guix system roll-back' and 'guix system
> switch-generation' commands.  It should apply cleanly to the current master
> branch.

Cool, I’ll start looking.

> I've tested the patches manually on a VM with a single disk, and a VM with
> multiple disks (with the store on a separate disk).  Two of the "check-system"
> tests fail (nss-mdns and encrypted-root-os), but those are failing on the
> current master branch for me anyway, and I can't recall ever seeing them pass,
> so I have no reason to suspect that my changes are causing the failures.

Great that you took the time to test thoroughly.

‘nss-mdns’ passes, but intermittently fails in my experience, but it’s a
tough problem.

‘encrypted-root-os’ was committed by mistake and the code to make it
pass has not been committed yet.  :-)

Of all the system tests, only the 3 in (gnu tests install) really test
the ‘guix system’ command, which is what we’re interested in here.

Ludo’.