guix-devel

Re: core-updates, next release, and all that

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: core-updates, next release, and all that
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:33:20 +0200

Ben Woodcroft <address@hidden> writes:

> On 28/07/16 19:31, Andreas Enge wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the main failures that remain on x86 are related to the gmime problem fixed
>> in master. So I merged master once again and will start another evaluation
>> of core-updates. Probably we are done then.
>>
>> There is a little problem with some source that cannot be downloaded:
>>     http://hydra.gnu.org:3000/build/1327453
>> If this has not been fixed in master yet, maybe the bioinformatics people
>> would like to have a look.
>
> Fixed in 'f2e791750'. This was another case of BioConductor deleting out
> of date sources, and more encouragement to move to SVN as discussed
> previously.
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-06/msg00683.html

Yeah, I really feel guilty each time I tell people here that Guix helps
with reproducibility — and then I remember Bioconductor and have to add
a footnote…

I have already rewritten a Bioconductor package locally to test this.
It shouldn’t take very long to move to SVN, but I just haven’t found the
time so far.  Maybe after the recursive importer is merged I’ll be able
to make time to adjust the importer and existing Bioconductor packages.

~~ Ricardo