guix-devel

Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:47:21 +0200

Am 16.08.2016 um 16:06 schrieb Alex Vong:
Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

The gogs.io website is using a lot of external content, namely from
google and jquery. The FAQ is hosted a another external side, discus.
Gogs is not even self-hosting gogs but hosted at github. gogs.io does
not even state which license it has ("Open Source It all at guithub"),

I am a bit confused here, are we going to (1) host the code on our own
server, or (2) using code-hosting service provided by other
organization?

[...]
What I suggested is doing (1) with gogs. Do I understand the situation
correctly? WDYT?

Sorry for the confusion. Of course I also suggest doing (1). My objection is just about gogs website: They are using content from other sites. If we host it ourself, we'd need to take care about this - and need to re-check this on every update. Otherwise we would "report visitors to other organizations", which would prevent to get "B" grade in then GNU Ethical Repository Criteria Evaluations.

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult, Landshut