guix-devel

Re: Patch tracking

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: Re: Patch tracking
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 21:30:08 +1000

On 28/04/16 18:24, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

As an experiment (it may disappear anytime), I generated the
‘patches.json’ file for “patches”, so you can now run:

   guix package -i patches
   patches fetch https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/patches/patches.json
   patches list status:committed
Please try!  :-)

I quite like the concept and it was easy to get started, but I didn't have a lot of success applying patches - I tried one from Rob, Ricardo and Manolis. Rob's patch was malformed, while Ricardo's and Manolis' was empty.

e.g.

$ patches apply id:address@hidden
Patch is empty. Was it split wrong?
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

I'm running that version of patches that you just pushed Ludo. Have you had a similar experience?

ben