guix-devel

Re: Application Request

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Application Request
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 18:24:07 +0200

akhilesh <address@hidden> writes:

> This is a general list of applications I use and would like to see it being
> made for the gnu guix project. I'm not a developer, otherwise I would try
> doing it myself .
>
> tor-browser

this one is on my todo list, should be relatively easy with the
knowledge about packaging tor-browser for gentoo.
If you want to proceed with this you can message me for further
questions, as I have this scheduled for june or at least after a
set of more important tasks.

> gummi
> synapse
> liferea
> focus writer
> winusb
> yakuake
> gpodder
> firejail
> qownnotes
> livestreamer
> copay bitcoin wallet
> krita
> konversation
> kdenlive
> Shashlik, an android emulator

Emulators can get tricky. If it has sandboxing, there's a thread
where I described a work-in-progress sandboxed server
application.
GuixSD requires some rethinking of patterns one might be used
to.

> I'm not sure if the KDE is part of the guix project, but I really like KDE-
> connect and a few kde applications, so would like to see them as well :)

Not yet, but the effort to package KDE environment shall be
undertaken one day.

--
♥Ⓐ ng0