guix-devel

Re: [v3] Erlang

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: [v3] Erlang
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 20:15:06 +0200

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 01:49:44PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> I think that the erlang-questions list [0] could be a good place to
> start.

Possibly, though I think it is more user-oriented.

> Pjotr, would you like to start the conversation? I can do it if you are
> too busy or something.

I'll try and approach Joe Armstrong directly and you can do the ML at
the same time. Cc this list.

I don't think, however, that we should wait for that fix. It may take
a while before it reaches 'stable', or something other tools can depend
upon. I had the same thing with ldc (the LLVM D compiler now in Guix)
and patched tests for the time being (for ldc I'll probably be able to
resolve it at Dconf in May). If we want something usable within 3-6
months I suggest we patch a hard coded date in. It is only the
compiler itself we are talking about. A patch may also help explain
things ;)

I would love to have Erlang and Elixir in GNU Guix. GNU Guix targeting
programmers makes a load of sense.

Pj.