guix-devel

Re: Translating package descriptions

From: vincent
Subject: Re: Translating package descriptions
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 17:01:01 +0100 (BST)

28. Mar 2016 12:29 by address@hidden:

Chris Marusich <address@hidden> skribis:
Ben Woodcroft <address@hidden> writes:
5) I speak fluent French, can I add a description and summary in
French?

I'm not sure on this sorry.

I think Guix uses GNU Gettext [1] to localize strings, including those
used in package descriptions, but I don't know very much about it.
Since Ludo has committed over 80% of the commits involving the guix/po
directory, he's probably the one who can answer your questions about how
to add a translation.

Translations are handled by the Translation Project; all I do is to
commit the updates we receive. :-)

http://translationproject.org/domain/guix-packages.html

Vincent, if you’d like to help with the translation of package
descriptions and synopses, please see:

http://translationproject.org/html/translators.html

We need more people on this, so your help would be most welcome!

Do I have to go through translationproject.org or can I update the scheme files directly and send you patches? I would only need a package that is already translated to see how it works and start translating others.

Have a good day,

Vincent