guix-devel

Re: loudmouth, freetalk

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: loudmouth, freetalk
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 12:33:21 +0200

Jean Louis <address@hidden> writes:

> Sure, but existing files don't work, I asked for assistance on that. It
> is not useful to add non-working package definitions, right?

Adding them to your local repository clone is not going to add the
package definitions to Guix upstream automatically.  I often add
non-working package definitions to my local repository, because that’s
one step in making them work.

What do you mean by “don’t work”?  Do you get an error?  Do you intend
to continue to work on these packages?  It would be easier for us to
help if you told us what problems you encountered.

~~ Ricardo