guix-devel

Re: Qt-5 in core-updates

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Qt-5 in core-updates
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 22:47:19 +0100

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 05:47:54PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 09:57:13AM +0800, 宋文武 wrote:
> > This seems like a parallel build issue after I find that,
> > Writing a pyc file is not atomic in python:
> >   <https://bugs.python.org/issue13146>
> > It was fixed in Python 3.3+, but not in Python 2.7.x (the one for
> > building WebKit).
> > I think we can try:
> >  - Patch our python-2.7.x like Ubuntu does.
> >
> > <https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/python2.7_2.7.10-4ubuntu1.diff.gz>
> It would be good to revert to parallel builds of qt.
> Actually, there is a version 2.7.11 of python. Should we update first?
> Will this solve our problems?

In fact, there is a very recent release of Qt 5.6, which removes webkit;
so we could try an update. On the other hand, without webkit and the bundled
chromium, there will be no webbrowsers left over... 5.6 is supposed to be
a long term support version, with fixes promised over the next three years.
So would it make sense to reenable chromium (=qtwebengine)?

Andreas