guix-devel

Re: GSoC ideas

From: Manolis Ragkousis
Subject: Re: GSoC ideas
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 17:09:06 +0200

Hey

On 03/02/16 23:31, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Do you have examples of GNU/Linux uses that would make no sense?

After a quick look in mount's man page I think that maybe Roland was
referring to some flags (like relatime for example) that when passed to
mount, expect the Linux kernel to handle the filesystem in a specific way.

> Other options include calling out to the ‘settrans’ command (inelegant
> IMO), writing Guile bindings for some of the Hurd libraries, and/or some
> sort of a MiG in Scheme (neat but takes some time!).

We could have a guile wrapper for the ‘settrans’ command that could
cover our needs. Isn't this feasible? WDYT?

Manolis