guix-devel

Re: libressl

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: libressl
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 23:33:57 +0100

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 10:57:19PM +0100, Nils Gillmann wrote:
> Notice that with Guix, there is no problem in keeping both around, unlike
> with traditional distributions: Packages that "just work" can use libressl,
> others that need patches can be kept with openssl for the time being.
> So we can switch over gradually.

Right, I forget about the cool features of this awesome new
world! No more fistshaking ad infinity like on Gentoo at the
moment. I could have libreboot there, but then I have to work
around this breakage and this and this and this... or just wait
and see if I am just not in the mood to test and see a system
fall apart like it did last time and revert all the changes.

--
ng
irc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion:67/~NiAsterisk