guix-devel

Re: fonts.scm -> packaging "un-fonts", download isses

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: fonts.scm -> packaging "un-fonts", download isses
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:28:56 +0100

Followup:

I just downloaded the debian package of the fonts and looked at
its content, particulary the README.Debian.

According to them, upstream looks dead, a licensing issue (use of
pure GPL) exists and has been reported years ago, but was never
acted upon. The Debian file was signed in May 2012.

I seriously doubt that I get an reaction to my Email, but I have
send it.
With the licensing issue, can it still be packaged? Is it legally
possible if I warn in the description that the fonts has those 3
issues?

https://packages.debian.org/sid/fonts/fonts-unfonts-core
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UN_fonts

--
ng
irc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion:67/~NiAsterisk