guix-devel

Re: hydrogen

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: hydrogen
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:49:43 +0200

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:37:23 +0100
Andreas Enge <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 02:20:03PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
>  [...]
>
> From the website, it looks as if 0.9.5.1 is the latest "real" release:
>    http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/21
> See at the bottom of the page.
>
> Actually, no; it appears that the software has effectively moved from
> sourceforge to github:
>    https://github.com/hydrogen-music/hydrogen
>
> There is a stable release 0.9.6.1 from the end of 2014:
>    https://github.com/hydrogen-music/hydrogen/releases
>
> Maybe you could package this instead of a beta release?

Sure

> I hope that this version will also work with Qt 5.

A bunch of the programs that don't build with Qt 5 use cmake for the build
system, and there's a check for Qt 4 specifically. I haven't tried patching
the CMake file to see if it'll build with Qt 5, but that'll take care of a
bunch of programs if it works out.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר